Friday, February 15, 2013

Stacy's Copy Cat Chili's Chicken Tenders


I LOVE Chili's Chicken Tenders!  I accidentally discovered this copycat recipe while making fried chicken yesterday.  One bite and I screamed, "OH MY GOD! THESE TASTE JUST LIKE CHILI'S!!!"

Mix the following together in a bowl:

1 cup milk
2 tbsp. hot sauce
1 tbsp. honey (or 1 tsp. sugar)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. red pepper
1 tsp. Tony Chachere’s Seasoning (or seasoned salt if you don’t have it)
1 tbsp. parmesan cheese

Add 6-8 chicken breast tenders.  I cut mine up into nugget sizes.
Let marinate for a few minutes.
Add about a cup of plain flour and stir.  Lumpy is okay.
Keep adding flour until thick and sticky (about ½ cup more), just sticky enough that it’s hard to get a piece of chicken out with a fork.  You don’t want it dry, but you want a lot of batter to stick to each piece.
Heat oil in skillet and add one piece at a time.  I have to pick the chicken pieces out with my fingers.  I also added a blob of batter to the tops of each piece while the first side was frying!  YUM!  Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side.  It should be LIGHT brown. 

Stacy Pessoney 2-14-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment